Sunday 27 October 2013

The New Gold Standard in QRSS Grabber Aggregators

In the course of testing "Occam's Beacon" with the new Real Time Clock, I just stumbled upon Scott Harden's excellent "QRSS Plus" aggregator...


Scott has sorted the wheat from the chaff by detecting those grabbers that are active and gathering them all together on one automatically updating page. Brilliant.

I contacted Scott to say "thanks" and was embarrassed to learn that QRSS Plus has been up-and-running for 6 months. I know I'm not exactly an early adopter but this is ridiculous!

In Scott's own words, "It's an entirely server-side PHP script with a cron job that updates every 10 minutes. If images differ (based on MD5), the grabber is assumed to be active. It was so simple, I'm amazed no one has done this before me :)".

In my own words, "this is the new gold standard"!

Well done and thanks Scott, from one very satisfied new customer,

...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment